The Cheshire and Warrington Shadow European Structural and Investment Fund (ESIF) Committee
The members of Cheshire and Warrington (ESIF) Shadow Committee currently meet bi-monthly. The Committee will continue to meet in shadow form until the ESIF Operational Programme has been agreed between Government and the European Commission and the Programme is formally launched. To avoid future programme delays however the Committee is already undertaking as much work as possible during this period.
The Committee is part of the Department of Communities and Local Government national European funding structure managed by the relevant Government Departments as the ‘Managing Authority’. It will provide the local governance to ensure that the EU programmes commissioned in Cheshire and Warrington align with the Cheshire and Warrington ESIF Strategy and meet our collective local economic priorities as set out in the Strategic Economic Plan.
The Cheshire and Warrington Local Enterprise Partnership is also consulting with local groups and organisations and the Managing Authority to deliver these local programmes as effectively and efficiently as possible and to encourage suitable projects to come forward during the current and future calls for consideration by the ESIF Committee.
Shadow ESIF Committee members are:
- Cllr Terry O’Neill (LEP Board Member) – Chair
- Nicola Lavin (Department for Communities and Local Government) – Secretariat / Deputy Chair
- Francis Lee (LEP Team) – ESIF / Innovation Board
- Jane Baker (LEP Team) – Low Carbon
- Andy Farrell (Warrington Borough Council) – Local Authority Representative
- Alison Knight (Cheshire West and Chester Council) – Local Authority Representative
- Julian Cobley (Cheshire East Council) – Local Authority Representative
- Martin Wood (Department of Business Innovation and Skills) – Representative
- David Hunter (Department for Farming and Rural Affairs) – Representative
- Jon Trott (Department for Work and Pensions) – Representative
- Paul Coleman (Chamber of Commerce) – Business Representative
- Kevin Janes (Social Enterprise North West) – Social Enterprise Representative
- Alison Cullen – Voluntary Sector Representative
- Meredydd David (Reaseheath) – Rural Strategy Board Representative
- Charlie Woodcock (Chester University) – Higher Education Representative
- Neil Clatworthy (North West Universities Association) – Higher Education Representative
- Chris Koral (Local Nature Partnership) – Representative