Unemployed? An opportunity to develop new skills at no cost to you
The Cheshire and Warrington LEP working with local partners including Job Centre Plus have partnered with Coursera to provide free, online learning resources to up to 10,000 users across Cheshire and Warrington. There are more than 4,100 courses available to unemployed people living in Cheshire and Warrington.
This is in addition to the training and support that is available from our local training providers listed below.
The Coursera courses are being provided free for unemployed residents or people not in work to sign up to until the 31st October 2020, and must be completed by the end of December 2020.
Registering for Coursera
Please complete this form to register interest in joining the Cheshire and Warrington Coursera
Once you have completed the form, you will receive an e-mail invitation from Cheshire and Warrington LEP + Coursera, inviting you to join Coursera. This should happen within 24 hours (Monday – Friday) of you completing the form.
The e-mail invitation provides a link that will enable you to browse the course catalogue before deciding to join Coursera for free. If you decide to join you will need to select, I am a new Coursera user and then create a password for your account.
Courses on offer include:
- Business skills
- Digital skills including cybersecurity and web design
- Marketing using digital technologies
- Skills that employers are looking for (team working, comms skills, etc)
- Entrepreneurship – starting up your own business
- Brushing up your skills for jobs where there are growing numbers of vacancies – including IT coding / software development skills and life sciences
- Preparing yourself for jobs of the future – including advanced manufacturing, cloud computing
There are 4,100 courses are available, courses at the top of the page are those selected specifically selected for Cheshire and Warrington.
What is Coursera?
Coursera is a leading online learning platform that has over 65 million learners worldwide. Every course on Coursera is taught by top instructors from world-class organisations.
With Coursera you can:
- Learn online at a pace to suit you
- Choose one or more courses to develop a range of skills
- Brush up your skills for jobs where there are growing numbers of vacancies
- Earn a certificate to demonstrate you have acquired the new skills
Other training on offer:
Coursera courses compliment the training provided by local training providers and skills delivery programmes in Cheshire and Warrington. For further detail use the links below:
|Accelerate Cheshire and Warrington Training Programme
This £30M programme provides support for businesses to reskill and upskill their current workforce. There is 40% grant funding available for all employees who live and work in Cheshire and Warrington and 100% funding for employees of companies with under 50 staff.
|Cheshire College South and West
|Warrington and Vale Royal College