North Wales and Mersey Dee Symposium
Working Across Borders to Link Skills and Innovation to Local Growth
You are invited to the North Wales and Mersey Dee Symposium on Friday 28 September 2018 at Clwyd Theatr Cymru, 9:00am to 13:30. Lunch will be provided.
The Mersey Dee Alliance and the North Wales Economic Ambition Board are delighted to invite you to the Symposium above organised in collaboration with Wrexham Glyndŵr University, Bangor University and the University of Chester.
We have exciting keynote speakers in attendance and delegates will have the opportunity to interact with an Industrial Panel of speakers who have been asked to reflect on their experience working in our cross-border region and the skills challenges we face including how we can retain and attract skilled graduates and how universities and industry can work together to make our region even stronger.
Delegates will receive copies of the Position Paper prepared by the universities and the Welsh Government endorsed ‘Regional Skills Statement’ for North Wales and how it is aligned to the proposed North Wales Growth Deal. The Local Enterprise Partnership for Cheshire and Warrington in England will also present its perspective on the cross-border economy and the skills, challenges and opportunities.
- Sasha Davies, Horizon Nuclear and Chair of the Regional Skills Partnership Group, North Wales Economic Ambition Board
- Christine Gaskell, Chair of Cheshire and Warrington Local Enterprise Partnership
- Iwan Trefor Jones, North Wales Economic Ambition Board
- Ken Skates, Cabinet Secretary for Economy, Infrastructure and Skills
- Ian Lucas, Labour MP for Wrexham
- Professor Maria Hinfelaar, Vice-Chancellor of Glyndŵr University
- Ashley Rogers, Chair, Mersey Dee and North Wales Business Council
- Siemens – Healthineers (Llanberis)
- Cammell Laird (TBC)
- Unilever (TBC)
- Institute of Directors, North Wales
- West Cheshire and North Wales Chamber of Commerce